Nomad View - Large
Nomad View - Large
With its rectangular firebox, two viewing windows, and nesting 4-leg design, the Winnerwell Nomad View Large Wood Burning Tent Stove is truly unique in the world of portable wood stoves. Made with quality 304 stainless steel, the Nomad View is an excellent heating and cooking solution in compatible canvas tents and a range of recreational shelters.
Made entirely from 304 stainless steel, using 1/8” thick material for the cooktop and 1/16” thick material for the body, Winnerwell stoves are unique in the world of portable wood-burning stoves. Good quality stainless steel lends several distinct advantages: It does not rust or corrode—a huge advantage in harsh outdoor environments; It can functionally withstand higher temperatures than mild steel, allowing thinner material to be used on the stove body which significantly reduces weight, ultimately making the stove more portable; And lastly, after the first burn, the stainless steel starts to take on a very nice patina color.
Efficient and proper use of a wood stove requires some patience and practice. When starting your fire, it’s important to quickly establish a hot bed of coals to initiate a strong draw of air through the stove and up the flue. Use a generous amount of small tinder when starting a fire in the stove, slowly adding larger pieces of wood. Always open the door slowly to prevent smoke spillage into your tent or shelter. Never start a fire using flammable accelerates such lighter fluid. We strongly recommend operating your stove outside for the first several burns to practice your fire-starting technique and optimizing burn temperature and rate using the airflow controls. It’s important that your stove burns hot enough to efficiently combust the fuel- when the stove is burning efficiently, little to no visible smoke should be exiting the chimney pipe. If the chimney is belching thick visible smoke, this is an indication the stove is not burning efficiently. Also, avoid overloading the stove with fuel as this can create excessive heat which can warp or damage the stove.
Always maintain adequate clearance when using a wood stove in a tent or shelter. We recommend at least 18 inches between the stove and any combustible material. We strongly recommend allowing a small gap between the stove pipe and the stove jack, in order to allow the tent to billow around the pipe in strong winds. Always ensure the flue exits through a fireproof stove jack and the combustible materials are kept clear of the stove or flue. When using the stove in a tent with a floor installed, a stove mat is required to protect the floor.
Warnings & Consideration
Never leave a wood stove burning unattended. The surface of Winnerwell Wood Stoves become extremely hot during use, always wear leather gloves and exercise caution when operating the wood stove. Careful supervision of children and pets is mandatory when operating the wood stove to prevent harm or injury. When children or pets are present, we strongly recommend the use of fence panels or a stove guard to prevent unintentional contact with the stove. Only burn clean, dry, seasoned firewood in Winnerwell Wood Stoves. Burning green wood can result in carbon monoxide which is hazardous to health as well as increase the build-up of creosote in the flue pipe which can create the risk of chimney fire. Clean the flue regularly (approx. every 20 hours of burn time) to avoid excessive creosote build-up which can inhibit airflow and create the risk of chimney fire. We recommend a Winnerwell Pipe Brush for cleaning the flue. User assumes responsibility for the safe use of this wood stove.
Features & Specifications
- Precision-crafted in 304 Stainless Steel that is highly resistant to rust and corrosion (1/8” thick cooktop material, 1/16” thick body material)
- Includes 1 stove body, 1 airflow controller pipe, 4 sections of straight chimney pipe (3.5” diameter, 17” length), 1 spark arrestor, and 1 ash scraper
- Weight: 34 pounds
- Packed Dimensions/Stove Body Dimensions: 18” x 9.8” x 9.8”
- Assemble Dimensions: 20” x 25” x 108” (108” indicates total height from the ground to the spark arrestor)
- Footprint Dimensions: 20” x 18”
- Firebox Capacity: Approx. 1500 cubic inches (18” stove body depth nicely accommodates split wood)
- Fuel Type: dry, seasoned wood only (not intended for coal burning)
- Door features an air-control damper and a glass window for fire management and ambiance
- Large side window for fire management and ambiance
- Level side shelves lend cooking versatility and double as a carry handle
- Highly portable- Nesting legs and shelves fold flat to the stove body; 5 pipe sections, spark arrestor, and an ash scraper stow inside the stove body
- Wide 4-leg design helps keep the stove stable on uneven surfaces
- Compatible with Large Size and 3.5” Winnerwell Stove Accessories
- Certifications: N/A (This is a recreational wood burning stove not intended for residential use)
The often imitated, never duplicated Cowboy Bedroll.
We offer free shipping within the lower 48 via UPS Ground.
Handcrafted in Colorado
All our goods are built in our workshop in Durango, CO.